A Furry Face Off: Kat Von D. vs. Make Up Forever
What’s hopping? It’s me, Guinness the Rabbit!
In my opinion, foundation can make or break the beauty. A few weeks ago, my human, Kim, was in need of a new foundation. I advised her to go to Sephora, where they have a color-matching technology called Color IQ. She was matched with a few foundations of different brands based on her skin color. Instead of jumping hastily into a purchase, my smart human asked for a couple of samples to take home and try out for a couple of weeks.
Kim brought home a sample of the Kat Von D. Lock-It Tattoo foundation and the Make Up Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. Below is a comparison of the two, based on my human’s experience:
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation
- Maximum coverage, covers EVERYTHING
- Matte finish that minimizes the appearance of oily pores
- Highly pigmented—a little goes a long way!
- Became dry and flaky after several hours
- Looked a little unnatural in pictures
- Difficult to use other make-up (blush, bronzer, contour powder, etc.) over it because of thickness
MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation
- Medium coverage, feels very light on the skin
- HD technology makes it undetectable on camera
- Stayed on and still looked fresh after a day at work
- Can’t layer to build up coverage
- Formula is very liquid-y and sometimes runs during application
- Natural finish does not mattify pores
Although Kim liked both foundations, she chose to go with the MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. Her skin does not need full coverage and the formula felt more natural to her skin. If you’re reading this, remember that this decision was based off of Kim’s skin and her personal preferences. I hoppily recommend that you go to Sephora and try out their Color IQ technology and do your own furry face-off of foundations before purchasing a new foundation!
Remember, some bunny thinks you’re beautiful.